What Happens if I’m Hurt in a Car Accident?
Understand your rights from the car accident attorneys at Pope & Howard, P.C. in Atlanta
Catastrophic car accidents can be very confusing, especially if you are severely injured. Most people have several questions and concerns regarding medical bills, repair expenses, and missed time from work. While Georgia’s laws make special provisions for car accidents involving injuries, it’s not guaranteed your insurance company will justly compensate you.
Continue reading to learn why you should speak to a personal injury attorney if you are hurt in a car accident from the experienced lawyers at Pope & Howard, P.C. in Atlanta, Georgia.
Why Speak to an Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney?
When a car accident involves catastrophic injuries, most insurance companies immediately go on guard. They may try to calculate your losses and costs in a manner that results in your receiving less compensation you deserve.
The best way to avoid being undercompensated for your losses is to consult an experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney, like those at Pope & Howard, P.C. in Atlanta Your personal injury attorney will answer your questions and act as your personal advocate.
Personal Injury Attorneys Will Answer Your Specific Questions
Most people who are injured in accidents have several questions. Some of the most common questions include:
- Who pays for the damage to your car?
- Will you receive compensation for pain and suffering?
- Who is responsible for paying medical bills?
- What if the other driver was drunk?
- Will the insurance company reimburse me for any lost wages?
An experienced personal injury attorney will answer all of your questions and help you through the confusing process of negotiating insurance settlements and claims.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Atlanta Advocate for You
Since insurance companies have attorneys working on their behalf, it only makes sense to have someone working on your behalf. Your personal injury attorney will stand by your side and ensure legal and fair negotiations ensue.
If the case has to go trial, your attorney will be your champion before other attorneys, judges, and the jury. As your personal advocate, your personal injury lawyer will communicate your side of the story and work towards just compensation for your losses.
When to Talk to a Personal Injury Attorney in Atlanta
Not all accidents are the same. Although it’s always a good practice to consult with a car accident lawyer if you are hurt, certain situations are more serious than others.
The following scenarios explain the times when you should contact a personal injury attorney immediately:
- When an accident results in a death;
- If your insurance company involves their attorney;
- Any time you are seriously injured, involving hospitalization or broken bones;
- If the accident involved pedestrians or bystanders;
- In instances where you or a loved one suffers permanent injuries, such as paralysis;
- When the accident happens inside of a construction area;
- If the accident involved defective vehicles or roads;
- If the determination of fault is an issue;
- Anytime significant legal, technical, and medical issues are involved.
Contact Pope & Howard, P.C. for a Car Accident Case Consultation
The Atlanta trial lawyers at Pope & Howard, P.C. offer a wealth of experience in personal injury law with exemplary results. If you have been hurt or injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact Pope & Howard, P.C. today for a confidential consultation.