Nursing Home Neglect Atlanta
Electing to place a loved one in a nursing home is a difficult choice. You expect your loved one to be given superior care. However, some Atlanta residents become the victims of neglect or abuse at the hands of those charged with their care.
In these devastating nursing home neglect situations, it’s crucial to retain expert lawyers that can help your loved one. The attorneys at Pope & Howard P.C. will utilize their expertise on Atlanta nursing home liability law to ensure that your loved one receive the proper care they deserve.
When an Atlanta facility does not appropriately follow federal and state regulations, legal action can and should be taken. Georgia law codifies a Bill of Rights for residents of long-term care facilities, and the nursing home neglect attorneys at Pope & Howard, P.C. are well-versed in those regulations.
Rights granted to Atlanta nursing home residents include:
- The right to freely associate, meet and communicate in private with persons of their choice
- The right to privacy, dignity and respect
- The right to be informed about their medical condition
- The right to have visiting hours of at least 12 continuous hours per day
Nursing home patients have these rights to ensure proper care. However, if a loved one’s physical or mental status drastically changes for unknown reasons, it’s important to take note of these changes.
Don’t ignore these common signs and symptoms of neglect and abuse:
- Other physical abuse
- Changes in behavior or personality (excess anxiety or fear)