Dental Malpractice Attorneys in Atlanta, Georgia
While most people will have normal, healthy experiences at the dentist, there are some who experience life-changing mistakes that can cause long-term pain, disfigurement and suffering.
If you believe you’ve been the victim of dental malpractice, the medical malpractice attorneys at Pope and Howard in Atlanta, Georgia, want to help. Read below to learn more about dental malpractice or contact Pope and Howard to schedule an immediate consultation at our Buckhead office.
About Dental Malpractice Claims
Dental malpractice can affect the livelihood of patients and their quality of life. Some procedures and care can cause irreparable damage that a patient must live with from that point on. If you or a loved one have suffered harm or damages at the hand of a dentist, you may want to file a malpractice claim.
Proving Dental Malpractice
When it comes to malpractice claims, there are a few things that need to be present for it to be considered malpractice, including: duty, breach, causation, and damages.
- Duty: You must prove that you were a patient of the dentist and that in being your dentist, the dentist owed a duty to you.
- Breach: With the duty they owed to you as a dentist, you must prove that the dentist’s behavior was a breach of this duty, meaning you must establish a reasonable standard of care by showing how other reasonable dentists would have acted in the same situation. If your dentist acted outside of the reasonable standard of care parameters, he or she may be liable for a breach in duty.
- Causation: If you experienced harm or damage, you must show that it was due to the breach of duty — that had your dentist acted according to the standard of care expected, the harm would have not affected you.
- Damages: Lastly, you must prove that you suffered harm at the hand of this dentist due to breach of duty. If you were mistreated or given poor care but experienced no real harm, you might not have a claim.
Common Dental Malpractice Claims
Pope and Howard takes on dental malpractice claims of a serious and catastrophic nature.
Some of the most common dental malpractice claims include:
- Failure to diagnose or detect periodontal disease
- Dental anesthesia complications
- Serious infections due to extraction, dental implants, endodontic procedures, and orthodontics
- Adverse drug reactions due to dentist negligence
- Nerve damage due to poor dental injections
- Injuries due to instruments being left in canals
- Perforations of the sinus cavity due to negligence
- Severe tooth decay due to dental crowns, veneers, or orthodontia
- Damages that require additional surgeries or a hospital stay
Contact the Dental Malpractice Attorneys at Pope and Howard
If you feel you’ve experienced malpractice at the hands of a dentist and it has caused you serious harm or damages, the dental malpractice attorneys at Pope and Howard in Atlanta, Georgia, want to help you. Contact us at (404) 885-9999 to set up a time to discuss filing a claim.
With years of experience as trial lawyers, Marc Howard and Geoff Pope represent clients' interests who have been injured or treated wrongly due to the negligence of others. If you have suffered from any of the above wrongs, contact the experts at Pope & Howard P.C. to set up a free consultation. Contact us via our contact form or by phone: 404-885-9999.