Delivery Room Errors
All parents hope for a healthy, happy baby, but delivery room errors can turn one of life’s happiest moments into a tragedy. A birth injury, due to medical malpractice, can leave your baby permanently disabled. This may not only dash your hopes for your child, but it can leave you in extraordinary medical debt.
Conditions like cerebral palsy, erbs palsy, brain damage, arm and leg paralysis, and nerve trauma require life-long care. You may be wondering how you can give your baby the treatment he or she needs in the face of mounting costs. Fortunately Pope & Howard, P.C., the Atlanta birth injury attorneys, are here to help. We’ll fight for the compensation you and your child deserve.
How do you know if your child’s condition is the result of a delivery room error?
Common delivery room errors that result in birth injury include:
- A failure to detect and/or properly an treat infection
- A failure to appropriately monitor fetal heart rate before and during labor and birth
- A failure to detect a prolapsed umbilical cord
- A failure to plan and schedule a cesarean section procedure when the baby is too large to safely pass through the birth canal
- A delay in performing (or failure to perform) a necessary cesarean section
- Negligence and unreasonable mistakes in using instruments while performing a delivery
As parents ourselves, we know that delivery room errors can carry tragic consequences. We understand the need to investigate each case thoroughly and dedicate ourselves to providing the absolute best representation possible to each client.